Air Force Officer Who Witnessed Extortion 17 Attack SEALs Just Said We’ve All Been Lied To – Obama Has HELL To Pay

A high-ranked Air Force officer decides to talk about the incident back in 2011 which led to the deaths of 38 American warriors in Afghanistan. The attack has since been described as the “deadliest” attack in the history of Navy Seals in the United States.

According to the Air Force officer, had it not been for our former president Obama these people would still be alive today.

The whole thing happened on August 6, 2011 when Obama’s hurtful policies resulted in the absolute atrocity and borderline treason.

Now, Retired Air Force Capt. Joni Marquez has decided to share her story and the story of her colleagues with the nation. Reportedly, she, together with her crew was working at the time when it all went down. Early in the morning hours, they were called to conduct a mission, which she has regarded“as almost like a 9-11 type of a situation.”

A report from Circa, gives us more information on the case : The gunship was ordered to fly close-in air support above Afghanistan’s dangerous Tangi Valley, in Wardak Province, assisting troops with the Army’s 75th Ranger Regiment who were being fired on by eight heavily armed Taliban insurgents.

The Rangers had called in for assault helicopters to engage the enemy hiding among the rocky valley. The air weapons team fired on the Taliban fighters, but not all of the insurgents were killed as originally believed.

The report also gives an account of her statements, saying that in her first interview Marquez could recall what she saw that night. Reportedly, she was the fire control officer on her ship and her job that night was to make sure the sensors on the weapons were aligned, so that her crew could focus on the targets.

Marquez told Circa, “I had the sensor operators immediately shift to the eight insurgents the helicopters had taken out.” saying, “Two were still alive.”

Instead of it being a routine mission, the situation escalated when she was denied permission to neutralize the threat.

She said “We had seen two of them (insurgents) moving, crawling away from the area, as to not really make a whole lot of scene. You have two enemy forces that are still alive. Permission to engage.”

She continued to explain how the ground commander’s refusal to permit her crew to take out the two terrorists with their weapons decided the fate of everyone in the  Extortion 17.

The crew found themselves at a dead end since they had little options left  other than to track the enemy insurgents through surveillance. The Air Force officer described how she watched helplessly as they started going through an open field, and into a village where they started to convince more terrorists to join the fight.

In the meantime, a  CH-47 Chinook helicopter, with the call sign Extortion 17, was called into the hours-long firefight.

The investigation conducted by the U.S. Central Command announced their findings which stated that a rocket-launched grenade from a Taliban fighter hit the Chinook and sent the helicopter into a downward spin. This crash resulted with the deaths of all 38 people, out of whom 30 were Americans and 8 Afghans.

Marquez explained : “If we would’ve been allowed to engage that night, we would’ve taken out those two men immediately.” She stands firm on her belief that if her team was granted the permission to attack the terrorists, those lives wouldn’t have been lost.

She continued to say “They continued to essentially gain more and more force behind them because they just kept knocking on doors,” adding“And the two personnel that initially fled ended up becoming a group of 12 people.”

The most disturbing piece of information about the incident was that commanders ignored all pleas and warnings from the crew members to return the Chinook before the terrorists started shooting.

Marquez said “Whenever we reached out to the Joint Operations Center, they would essentially just push back with, ‘Find a, a good infill location. Find a good helicopter landing zone’”

Things only got worse from this point onward, the Chinook  was shot down by the terrorists and crashed to the ground.

According to the report from Circa :Marquez watched from her infared monitor as one of the Navy SEALS was then ejected from the burning Chinook helicopter. She watched his heat signature fade from red to blue, knowing that she was watching as his life literally slipped away from his body.

The trauma that Marquez underwent didn’t go without consequences. She was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and is now in therapy. She said ““We had to sit and watch that, and I think that was one of the hardest things that I had to do,” adding “That man was, you know, dying on the ground.”

Her account of what happened were confirmed by the  Defense Department inspector general in a previously sealed top-secret report. The story was also backed up by her commander.

Trying to recall the painful times she said : “If we would’ve been allowed to engage that night, we would’ve taken out those two men immediately. I mean, it’s just one of those things where you know that it could’ve all been prevented.”

The real source of this tragedy is no one else but Barack Hussein Obama himself, because he was the one who signed the death warrants of these warriors. His changes in the military rules of engagement back in 2009 were the reason the whole thing happened in the first place. He basically gave the lead to the lives of Muslim terrorists instead of our own military forces.

Marquez has already reached out to Congress and to some of the victim’s families saying, “Ridiculous rules of engagement that basically state that you can’t shoot until being shot upon.  A weapon has to be pointed, and essentially fired at you, in order for you to shoot and you have the proper clearance so that you don’t, you know, go to jail, that you’re charged with a war crime.”

“I won’t rest until some kind of justice is served, in a manner of either, you know, the people that were responsible for that night, for making those calls, come forward and are honest about it,” Marquez said. “I know that’s kind of a lofty goal but, if that’s something that doesn’t happen, then obviously the ROE’s to change, for them to be realistic.”

She remains hopeful that her story will be heard and that the truth will eventually come out, and serve as an example so that something like this won’t happen ever again.

Featured Image Source H/T : Circa

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top
error: Content is protected !!