Flight Crew Refuses To Let Soldier On Plane, Told ‘Don’t Let Him On!’ – Glad He Didn’t 45Mins Later

There have been far too many news stories about bad treatment from the horrific ways and airlines that passengers are treated. We all have seen the news reports of people.

Lately, 1 soldier was attempting to get home before he had to leave for a 9-month excursion in Kuwait when he experienced several travel issues which result in a layover in Dallas.

After he got to Dallas, which had been his closing layover, the flight team wouldn’t let him board the airplane after someone was screaming, “don’t let him!”

He had been so perplexed about why they wouldn’t let him on the airplane for his final destination. Then he received a phone call that changed his life.

According to Love What Things, “I went to my normal Doctor appointment Thursday morning thinking I’d be scheduled for an induction for a week out.

Brooks and I have been practicing my call to the Red Cross since we noticed it was very difficult to get men home for births and we were told the only way it’d actually work is if I was in distress, so we were quite mad about that since I was not having any issues with pregnancy aside from a modest elevated blood pressure.

About a hour later, after telling Brooks there was no hope in him getting home, I got a call from my Doctor my worries were too high, and the baby was being worried and I was preeclamptic. She advised me to be in the hospital is an hour and they’d go on and induce. I called Brooks frantic and he had been so excited!

I subsequently went on to call Red Cross and let them understand it was really a crisis and they simply just needed clarification from my Doctor.

I get to the hospital at 3 pm Thursday and they affirm my state and tell Brooks to book a trip from El Paso (Fort Bliss mobilization to deploy to Kuwait for a 9-month tour) to Dallas layover to Jackson but he could not book a trip until after 10 am the next day! I was convinced that we would already have a baby!

But at least he has to come home for 4 days that I was taking anything I could get.

Friday morning my water was broken at 7 am and Pitocin began. Brooks got to the airport at El Paso and boarded his plane at 10 am (mountain/daylight time) 11 am central time. He called me as soon as that flight landed in Dallas at 2:38 central time and I was 5 centimeters dilated.

He was scheduled to take off at 3:55 but LUCKILY his flight was postponed to 5:45. Without that delay Brooks would have been at the air and unable to FaceTime! I quickly decided on who would be in the room during labor and it was my stepmother, Dee Anne and my mother in law, Teresa! The Doctor came in to check me at 5:00 and she said it was go time!

My mum in law secretly FaceTimed Brooks and shoved the phone in front of her top. As soon as I started to push, the Doctor inquired what she was doing, and she showed my Doctor Brooks’ face on the display and she understood what was going on.

(Millie was sent by another Dr. who wasn’t conscious of the situation) My Doctor told her to pull out the phone and show him exactly what was going on. Through my drives. Brooks then proceeded to say that they had been making him board and needed to get off when she eventually started to crown and all I recall was my Doctor yelling ‘Do not let him board the flight! She is here! She is here!’ So, the airport employees let him sit and watch till it was finished!

Once it was over he switched off his phone, got on his plane and landed at Jackson airport at 7 pm and Millie was born at 5:23 pm (7pounds 6 ounces 21 inches long 2 weeks early) when Brooks got to the hospital that I asked all 17 people to leave the room.

When he walked in at 7:20 it was just Millie and me.

He advised me about the people on his flight cheering and watching and that I told him it’d be crazy if Ellen called. We thought that was it NO WAY it’s still going strong!

I have the most adorable messages and that I also have other army wives and mothers messaging me about the way I got connected with Red Cross and got him home and any tips. We had random people bringing gifts to our chambers and nurses coming in and thanking Brooks for their services! It has been an amazing, psychological time filled with so much support”

What an amazing story!

Featured Image Source H/T: LoveWhatMatters

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top
error: Content is protected !!